Director of Field Surveying
Gordon, one of the preeminent surveying and civil site design firms in the Mid-Atlantic Region has an exciting opportunity as we are looking for a Director of Field Surveying. This important position requires a candidate with proven experience in all facets of land surveying, including boundary and topographic surveys, transportation surveys, construction stakeout, utility as-builts, etc. The successful candidate must have the ability to communicate daily with clients, contractors, and client project managers and must be able to maintain field crew schedules, provide regular training and safety sessions while also being able to coordinate with our internal project managers.
Surveying has been an essential facet of Gordon’s 45+ year history and is complemented by a staff of civil engineers, landscape architects, planners, and security consultants. At Gordon we successfully integrate these disciplines and work together in an enjoyable work atmosphere where the employees’ goals are as important as the corporate goals. Our survey department works on a variety of market sectors such as local land development, municipal, residential, commercial and mixed-use developments. Additionally, we consistently serve a number of different federal and state clients such as VDOT, the Smithsonian; MWAA; GSA; NAVFAC; USACE and other DoD related agencies. Project variety is our strength and is what makes Gordon an exciting place to work!
The following are traits, duties, responsibilities and credentials that we expect from the successful candidate:
- A strong communicator with clients and in-house project managers.
- Have experience with all types of field and office surveying for the preparation of field surveys.
- Provide field crew oversight to ensure work is meeting project goals
- Management of all field survey personnel.
- Ability to maintain field crew schedules and adapt to changes on the fly
- Maintain quality control and quality assurance protocols
- Have familiarity with modern robotic survey equipment, laser scanners and GPS tools
- Help advance our efficiency through training and other means such as newer technology
- Perform project management of some field survey projects and construction stakeout projects.
- Work with the Assistant Field Coordinator to ensure field surveying supplies are adequate, vehicle fleet and field surveying equipment is in good working condition and to conduct weekly safety meetings for all field personnel.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals and presentations.
- Coordinate with office survey staff and other project managers
- Coordinate with project engineers and project managers on field work requests.
- Have 10 + Years of surveying experience, preferred
- Have a surveying license or the ability to obtain a license, preferred
Gordon provides a comprehensive benefits package including medical / dental / vision and life insurance; short and long-term disability coverage; 401(k) Plan; Continuing Education incentives; training; and numerous opportunities for career advancement. Salary commensurate with experience. Please send resume and cover letter in pdf format, including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.gordon.us.com.